I recently learned of the sudden passing of William Sellers. Willie was a dear friend, a brother, and a cherished member of our legal community. Will was not just intelligent, he was street smart. He had a way of cutting through to the truth. He could size up situations, and see through people. Will was old school, he took it all in, and had a little glint in his eye that said everything. Will didn't just enter a room, he lit up the room. His personality was larger than life because his presence was so full of life. He made everyone laugh, at life, at himself, and his smile was absolutely infectious. I will forever remember our moments spent talking. Will loved to talk, and his voice was beautiful. He could draw people in like a magnet, and tell a story. That's what made him a great lawyer, Will was an amazing storyteller. You just couldn't not like him, he was so charming. There will never be another like him. He was a genuine and gracious man. He will be missed, he was to me and so many others the lawyer's lawyer.
REQUIEMby: Robert Louis Stevenson
- NDER the wide and starry sky,
- Dig the grave and let me lie.
- Glad did I live and gladly die,
- And I laid me down with a will.
- This be the verse you grave for me:
- Here he lies where he longed to be;
- Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
- And the hunter home from the hill.