Thursday, June 12, 2014

What's Normal Driving? People Make Driving Mistakes But is it Due to Drugs or Alcohol?

People Make Mistakes, btw I've done this one
from mistupid.com


I love to check out USA Today. Every time I'm at a Hilton property (quite often) they have a copy for me. Kinda like news light with a touch of National Inquirer thrown in for good measure. Or for those New Yorkers, kinda like the New York Post married the Times and they had a kid.

Little tidbits, surveys, and as they quip "USA snapshots," they own that btw So a recent little piece caught my eye. It was on a survey in which people were asked their most embarrassing car goof moments:

Out of 2,000 people surveyed (sounds like Family Feud now?)

50% forgot where they parked their car (I've had DWIs with these)
43% ran over a curb in a parking lot (other DWIs)
34% drove the wrong way down a one way street (countless DWIs and DWAIs)

So was everyone in their survey drunk, impaired by a drug, intoxicated by alcohol: NO

In fact these were all SOBER goofs. In any DWI or DWAI prosecution there may be some or a lot of drug based driving behavior or maybe it's just some or a lot of stupid driving?

Always consult with an attorney about any criminal or non-criminal charges you have pending to discuss your options and/or defenses.

I am certified in Field Sobriety and Breath Alcohol Testing, and an active member of the National College of DUI Defense (NCDD). My online materials include over 500 blog posts, dozens of articles, and over 500 informative videos on my youtube channel.

I have co-authored Strategies for Defending DWI Cases in New York, in both 2011 and 2013. These are West Thomson legal manuals on New York State DWI defense, and focus on the best practices for other lawyers handling a New York DWI case. I was selected by Super Lawyers as a Upstate New York 2013 Rising Star in DWI/DUI Defense based on my experience, contributions, and professional standing.

http://www.ithacadwi.com

newman.lawrence@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment