Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ithaca DWI Lawyer Larry Newman: Why Do I Represent Those People?

People Need Help with their DWI Charges

Often I am asked why I do New York DWI Defense or the more common question, "how do you defend "those" people." As if "those" people were some pariah to society. Guess who all those people are?


Well to begin, my great grandfather brought my grandmother here from Russia in 1906 to escape the religious persecution and the pograms of destruction. He had hopes of a better life for his family (seven children), and the opportunities that democracy and freedom would afford them.

Hope is what I bring to those facing New York DWI charges. 


I am the first generation or first wave, along with my sisters of college educated Newmans. I was raised to believe in this country, the American dream, and the rights provided to us through the bill of rights. My father brought me to Washington DC at a young age. He would often would tell me to appreciate what we have in our government that even with all it's problems (at that time Watergate) was still the best the world had to offer. He would remark no one was risking life and limb to get into any other country but ours.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4, 1777.

So why do I practice criminal defense and specifically New York DWI defense?
Why do I truly defend THOSE people?

Why I Practice New York Criminal Defense

So to the original questions... I practice defense law because I believe the government and the government's lawyers (prosecutors) need to be, must be challenged. That the Bill of Rights is not some ancient document but a living, breathing, and dynamic protection for all of us. That not one innocent person should ever go to jail or be convicted of a crime that they have not committed. That the blessings of a Free nation must be safeguarded at all times.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." -- Wendell Phillips, (1811-1884), abolitionist, orator and columnist for The Liberator, in a speech before the Massachusetts Antislavery Society in 1852, according to The Dictionary of Quotations edited by Bergen Evans.

The Crime of DWI Where the Potential Victim is Society

I specifically love to practice DWI Defense because it is the only crime of it's type where a person can be convicted without damages to property or people but merely the POTENTIAL for damage. It is the only crime of it's type where the complete truth is the best defense. I believe that the rights we are afforded under the Constitution are not for some special people but for all people.

http://www.ithacadwi.com

Dr. Lawrence Newman
Doctor of Chiropractic
Attorney and Counselor at Law

Ithaca, NY 14850

607-229-5184

No comments:

Post a Comment