Friday, February 21, 2014

Ithaca Cortland DWI Lawyer Why I Love Maps and Navigating the DWI Forrest?



Google has most recently improved their maps. I really love the new and revised google maps, you can zoom in and out, go 3D, live view, compare routes, and it goes on and on.

Map Reading is a Life 101 Basic

One of the first basic skills that my dad taught me, and thinking back now he taught me quite a lot, was how to read a map. This was way before GPS devices, and I think GPS has ruined real map appreciation. My dad taught me East, West, North, and South, why roads were given various odd and even numbers, and how to read the KEY. The distances between places based on map measurements. All in all, between learning maps and handicapping horses it was a complete education. Knowing where you want to go, setting a path and a plan, and then following a guide to follow through.

Maps Go Beyond Physical Directions

I think I love maps as much as I love cars.  Now before you think me abit batty (admittedly I am), Maps are helpful with not only finding your way around physically but mentally as well. But how bout if we had a map for a DWI or a criminal case. Well I think you do have a map.

Navigating the DWI Forrest

Every legal case has a grand overview of the process, let's call it the forrest. The forrest will have a beginning, a middle, and an end. In a criminal case this is the initial appearance, pre-trial conferences and/or pre-trial hearings, potential motions, and then trial and/or plea and then potential sentencing. These can be mapped out chronologically in time but also spacially as well.

And of course the forrest has landmarks along various paths called the trees. Each tree can be a transition of sorts, a place to stay the first (original) course or a spot to change direction. Any good guide will show the complete forrest, potential traps or pitfalls, uneven terrain, bad roads, and explain factors outside of our control (like weather and judges).

Always consult with an attorney about any criminal or non-criminal charges you have pending to discuss your options and/or defenses.

http://www.ithacadwi.com

newman.lawrence@gmail.com
607-229-5184

Reviews of Larry Newman:



Chosen as a 2013 Rising Star in DWI/DUI in Upstate New York by Super Lawyers


Please avail yourself of my online materials which include over 500 blog posts, dozens of articles, and over 480 informative videos on my youtube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment